Sunday, June 10, 2012

Chicken Breast Roll Up

This one was born out of the need to use up random things.  I had two chickens breasts that I had just thawed the day before but now was seriously lacking inspiration.  I also had a lot of those little Laughing Cow cheese triangles, these were chipotle flavored.  So I decided to make stuffed chicken breast which I've seen before but never attempted.  I butterflied the chicken breast, put a layer of foil over them, and then pounded the crap out of them with a can of tomatoes (hey, who needs a meat mallet!!).  

Then I opened all those little Laughing Cow triangles and mashed them together with some chopped green onions - hey I needed to use those up too!  I spread that mixture on the inside of the chicken, then rolled them up and spread more on the outside.  Then I discovered some old bread crusts in the freezer, so I threw them in the generic magic bullet, and voila - breadcrumbs. I rolled the chicken in the bread crumbs and then plopped them in a little glass dish. Cover with a little fresh ground pepper and then I sprayed it all with some olive oil. Baked at 350 for about 40 minutes and taadaa!


Overall, quite tasty!  If I would change anything, I'd definitely add more of the cheese mixture and probably more breadcrumbs.  I'd make this again probably but there are probably better uses of chicken breasts (like making butter chicken!).

No comments:

Post a Comment