Sunday, August 29, 2010

Strawberry!

I had a bunch of strawberries that I needed to use up so I experimented with a couple things.  First, I made a dough, basically butter, flour, a little sugar.  I wish I remembered the proportions because this dough actually turned out well!  But I don't.  D'oh!


Ok got the dough, now what?  I made this "rustic" pie.  Yum! Basically sliced strawberries and a little sugar.  That's powdered sugar on top.  This was actually pretty tasty!  I ate it for dinner. Ruchir got mad.  Ha!


And then I made these, little turnovers!  The color looks weird in this picture (all these pics on this blog are from my phone because I'm too lazy to actually upload pictures from my camera) but they were really good!  Just a dollop of homemade strawberry jam in the center.  They made a really good grab and go breakfast.  

No comments:

Post a Comment