Thursday, May 17, 2012

Amul butter of the gods

Have I expounded on the extreme superiority of Amul butter yet?  Someone's (Hammertime's) recent trip to India reminded me of this gem of an ingredient.  Or rather, when it's this good, it could be a food on it's own!  Amul butter is so much better than those waxy sticks you get from the grocery store. I was able to buy a block of it from the international grocery store in St. Louis but I have yet to find it here.  The butter actually has taste! It's a little salty and has some tumeric in it I think to make it golden.  Spread it on some toasted bread - bam that's a delicious breakfast!  Nothing more needed!  Mmm, my mouth is just watering thinking about it!  The taste is just beyond belief.  It truly is "utterly butterly delicious"!



I did a google search on Amul butter and found this weird picture...
but the butter could be made in a test tube, in a bathtub, in a garbage can, for all I care, as long as it's Amul, it's delicious!

3 comments:

  1. Yup, this butter is amazing! And I don't usually even pay attention to things like butter.

    Put it on some bread and then put sugar on top. Apparently this is a treat for the children visiting/living at my grandmother's house! Now that's innovation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I didn't know you read this! I know, with sugar on top it's seriously good. Now I won't be able to rest until I find a source for it here!

      Delete
  2. YUM! They served tiny packets of Amul butter & ice cream on our train trips in India. LOL @ Taste Tube Baby.

    ReplyDelete