Friday, April 16, 2010

Berry Crumble Cake

Mom asked me about how to make a crumble so I thought this was a good time to post this masterpiece! Berry crumble with a pound cake style cake on the bottom. Man, was it goooood! I combined a variety of recipes and made a bunch of subsitutions since I didn't have all the ingredients on hand. But basically the cake part is flour, an egg, sugar, butter, a little sour cream, some cream cheese, and some vanilla. The crumble part is the the same - except before the sour cream, cream cheese, and egg. I randomly added in the cream cheese because I didn't have quite enough butter. And I was originally just going to make this with strawberries so I did that and then a layer of crumble topping but then realized it looked too empty. So then I added a layer of frozen berries from Trader Joes (blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries) and then more crumble topping.


Here it is before...


And after! Look how it's grown!


YUM!!!


Gotta add ice cream to really make it sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment