Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Coconut Shrimp Curry

Here is a coconut shrimp curry that I made awhile back but forgot to post. It was pretty delicious, but need a little extra something, like some lemongrass I think would have been great.

I started out by peeling a bunch of shrimp and then plopping them into a bowl with coconut milk (made by dissolving coconut powder in water bc I didn't have a can of coconut milk on hand) and tumeric and curry powder.


Then I sliced up a ton of onions and cooked them with some green peppers and tomatoes plus ginger and a little garlic and chili flakes. After that, I fished out the shrimp and threw them in the skillet until they were cooked. Meanwhile, I had some rice noodles soaking and when the shrimp were cooked, I added in the noodles, added in the sauce, and let it all cook until it looked delcious!


And here's the final result!


Toasted coconut is what is sprinkled around the edges. All in all, it was a success, but I think it can be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment