Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fancy French Toast

I've always loved french toast. I'm not sure why but it is a supreme comfort food for me. Plus so easy to make - I just use 1 cup of milk, one egg, a few spoons of sugar and a bit of vanilla. In fact, in 6th grade we had to make a speech, on anything, and mine was how to make french toast. It was a hit. So anyway, I've been experimenting a little with other variations. None so far have beat Mom's delicious combo of cream cheese and brown sugar spread on them but they have all been good.

Here's one with blackberries (my second fav fruit after strawberries) and cream.

And this one, while it looks pretty normal, is actually quite weird. Ruchir makes these purees, usually of banana, that he mixes with milk to make an odd (to me) drink. Anyway, he had a banana and blueberry puree in the fridge that looked like it was starting to lose it's appeal. So i dumped it in with the leftover french toast mixture, stirred it up, dunked my bread, and cooked it like normal french toast. If you look closely, you might notice that its a little darker than normal and that's from the blueberries. Cover in syrup and add some pecans on top. It actually didn't taste too different from normal french toast, but it did have that certain something to it that couldn't be placed.


I'm going to keep thinking for other variations, but you know what, plain old french toast is usually good enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment