Sunday, May 2, 2010

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies

Ok here's a recipe I made a few weeks ago. I wanted to bring snacks for my discussion/seminar class on the last day of classes. Unfortunately I forgot about my plan until half an hour before I had to leave that day! To make things worse, one of my students has celiac disease and can't eat gluten. Yikes, talk about asking for trouble. Luckily I found this recipe which I whipped up in 15 minutes and which baked in 10. I was out the door with 5 minutes to spare! They are delicious even for people that can eat gluten and they are fast and easy!


Recipe adapted from:
http://simplygluten-free.blogspot.com/2009/07/gluten-free-peanut-butter-cookies.html

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg – lightly beaten with a fork
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix together and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. I used chunky peanut butter because that's all I had. I also mixed in chocolate chips - highly recommended! And I didn't use quite as much baking powder which is why these are a little flatter/less puffier than normal peanut butter cookies. (I like them that way). Everyone loved them and so I later I made a batch for my friend who also has celiac. This time I used mostly brown sugar instead of white and they were even tastier in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment