Sunday, May 9, 2010

For Mom - French Toast Sandwich

Happy Mother's Day!

In the spirit of Mom's wonderful cooking, I decided to make french toast. This was always my favorite growing up and I used to actually look forward to big tests days like the SAT etc because wonderful Mom would always make us a big breakfast. I've covered French toast before but it's worth repeating. It's ridiculously easy, 1 cup of milk, 1 egg, a couple spoons of sugar plus a bit of vanilla if you want. Whisk it all up with a fork, dip both sides of a slice of bread, and then throw onto a skillet that has had a quick swipe of a stick of butter. One flip and that's it - delicious! But Mom has some other tricks up her sleeve! In particular, some cream cheese between the slices after they are cooked makes things so much better! I added a little nutella in there too! And finally top with strawberries and powdered sugar (I had strawberries between the layers as well) and then you get this masterpiece! Thanks Mom for all that you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment