Friday, March 19, 2010

Healthy - kind of!

I've had pretty much one of two things every Friday during lent so far - either shrimp or fried tilapia. Today was a fried tilapia day! I'll show you one from today and one from a few weeks ago. I like to think these meals are healthy because they have fish in them and some type of greens, but in reality, they aren't healthy at all I'm sure!








This is the one from a couple weeks back. Tilapia breaded and fried, served over some romaine lettuce and the homemade salad dressing I've talked about before. (No bacon grease though!)















And this is the one today. The tilapia I had for today was prettier, so I took a before picture! These were breaded like last time, except that I mixed in a bunch of orange chipotle seasoning in the breadcrumbs.








It was served on a bed of mashed potatoes and spinach leaves (they are hidden under the fish). On top are just some tomatoes cooked with some chili flakes. Green onions are scattered around. Oh, I have a new source for green onions - growing my own! But that will be for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment