Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pork Tenderloin

I bought a pork tenderloin on a major deal from Aldi's and froze it because we already had plenty of food in the fridge. Now that our fridge has become slightly more bare, I decided to thaw this bad boy and cook it up! It was already spiced and coated in pepper so I just followed the directions on the package which was top pretty much just put it in a shallow pan and bake until the inside temp was 160 F. Luckily I had just gotten a replacement thermometer for the one that mysteriously vanished during the moving chaos of last summer.

Yum!


Then the sauce. I again wanted to clean out our fridge of random leftovers. This sauce mostly contained some cranberry sauce (the jelly kind, Ruchir apparently has to eat turkey with this or won't eat it at all) and orange juice. Reduced down with some spices, most prominetnly the orange chipotle mix from the spice shop in the Soulard Farmer's Market, and the whole thing became one tasty accompaniment!


And when plated over a bed of mashed potatoes....mmmm. Overall verdict was good but next time I think I'll get the unspiced version and do it myself because this had a slight citrus taste (I think it was supposed to be lemon pepper) and it was ok, but not spectacular. I can do better!

No comments:

Post a Comment