Monday, January 25, 2010

Mini Cinammon Bagel with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese, Nutella, and Banana Sandwich



I get in these food ruts quite often where I'll eat the same thing over and over again. Recently it was french toast and then it was bread pudding. While I am currently having a minor obsession with mashed potatoes, what I'm really fixated on these days is this little breakfast sandwich that I created. I get these mini cinnamon bagels which are then toasted. I have a little container of cream cheese that has been mixed with brown sugar in my fridge at all times. And then there's the Nutella. Obviously if you had it, then there's no need or explanation on it's virtues. And then one day I was about to chomp down when, out if the corner of my eye, I saw some bananas that were almost on the cusp of spoilage. And the perfect breakfast was born! At least until I move on to something else!

3 comments:

  1. obviously, this food rut trend runs in the fam. my thing right now is baked brie! so good, ill take a pic next time i make it so maybe i can have a guest appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a baked brie for Thanksgiving at the Josephs' house. It was good in my opinion ;), but I recently went to a party that had baked brie with fig and walnuts. So good!

    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, baked brie. Now that's a rut I could live in! I have been getting this brie in small wedges that already has the rind removed and it's so soft that I can just take it right out of the refrigerator and use it like a spread on bread. Perfect for sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete