Sunday, January 24, 2010

Roast Chicken

After returning from veg land (north India), I went on a meat buying spree. I made an impulse buy and bought a whole roast chicken. It was only 4 bucks and it was fairly easy to make. I didn't have that much on hand so I just rubbed it with olive oil, stuffed a ton of butter under the skin, threw some potatoes and onions an garlic cloves in the pot and let it go. Sometimes simple is good because the chicken turned out very moist with delcious crackly skin.




I made a gravy with the browned bits and some cheap white wine that I got at a Christmas party. The gravy was a little boozy so Ruchir didn't have any (he's a teetotaler: ). I ate it with some mashed potatoes and a salad. I always douse my salads in this special dressing that I created because otherwise I generally hate greens. But that will be described another time. Anyway, verdict on this meal...mmmm!



A note about this pictures, the ones in this post and probably most of the ones to come are taken with my phone. I can just email the pictures in and it's just so much easier than hauling out the camera, loading onto the computer, then uploading it to the site. So hopefully the quality isn't too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment