Friday, February 26, 2010

Potato Cake

Fridays in Lent are diffcult for me as I am a hardcore carnivore. Tonight we are going to a church fish fry, which sound be fun and hopefully delicious. In the meantime I need to tide myself over with some tasty veg food. I actually made this one awhile ago but it would be perfect for a veg feast. I had a ton of mashed potatoes that needed to be used up and Mom suggested rolling it into little balls, coating them in breadcrumbs, and then frying them. Sounded good so I went at it. The problem was that I didn't want to use a ton of oil so I just put some in a skillet and was expecting to kind of roll them around/turn them over to make sure they got fried everywhere (rather than "deep" frying them). Unfortunately, my turning maneuver just squished the little balls and made a huge mess. But all was not lost! I decided to just squish them all and then squish them together. I added some more breadcrumbs and voila! Very tasty and looks pretty too I think!


Ruchir, get your nose outta my food!!!!


1 comment:

  1. what a lucky man you are Ruchir to eat such delicious dishes . Good enough to eat the plate I assume.

    ReplyDelete