Friday, February 19, 2010

Fat Tuesday

I'm really behind on the posting due to Valentine's Day, Mardi Gras, and then my birthday!!! I guess I'll go in order so look forward to some delicious things to come!

Some of Ruchir's friends were in town the weekend of Valentine's Day so we hung out with them all weekend, got very little sleep, and were pretty tired when Sunday rolled around. So we went to our scheduled massages (awesome!) and then decided to cancel the dinner at the fancy restaurant and instead Ruchir made a delicious spicy cheesy pasta. Unfortunately no pics of that, I was too busy devouring it!!

The next big thing food wise was Fat Tuesday, so of course I had to get some King Cakes!! I decided to get two of them and being them to the two classes I was teaching in the afternoon. In one class, no one had even heard of them and they weren't excited at all! This is definitely my "dud" class. They weren't even that excited when I said that whoever got the baby in their piece wouldn't have to do their assignment for the next week! They didn't eat much of it so now I have a bunch left over which is fine by me! The other class is my cool class and I knew they would love it. As soon as I pulled it out of the bag, there were shouts of "KING CAKE!!!!!!!!!" and they all rushed to the table. After I said the thing about not needing to do next week's assignment if they get the baby, they all went crazy and had me carefully measure and cut the cake into the exact same size slices so that they would all have an even chance. Many of them jokingly said that it didn't matter because they were giving up homework for Lent anyway! Haha!






Anyway, here's a short of the leftover cake from the first class (there were hardly any crumbs left over from the second class!) Muy Delicioso! Hope everyone had a great and delicious Mardi Gras and Fat Tuesday!!

1 comment:

  1. haha you're the cool prof (or atleast you want to be!)

    ReplyDelete