Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Time for my birthday post! Overdue yes but oh well. I was filling in at a Sam's Club optical on Thursday (my birthday) and even though it was the first time I had ever been there, everyone was so nice and they got me this HUGE double layer cookie cake that was soo delicious! I have so much of it leftover but I've been bringing it to work everyday to try and get rid of it.




Then at night we were supposed to go out to this new sushi place near our apartment with our friend Kristin who was in town for the weekend and then when I got there, our other friends were there also and I had a big bunch of awesome balloons - see above! I forgot to take pictures of the sushi but it was pretty good. And we got this cool appetizer called a hot stone which was literally a very hot stone and then we put thin strips of raw meat onto it to cook it.

After sushi, we went to the Melting Pot for some fondue since I had a gift card from waaay back when that I was trying to use up. We got two fondues, one with white and dark chocolate and one that had chocolate, caramel and pecans and was flambeed in front of us. It was all delcious and all in all a wonderful birthday! Lucky me also got a birthday party at this karaoke place where we had our own private room (no embarrassment!) but that night did not involve food and did involve probably too many drinks so no pics of that here!



1 comment:

  1. That was some celebration !!! You deserve it my sweet Angel. I have yet to go the Fondue place .

    ReplyDelete