Friday, February 12, 2010

Thursday night dinner

We had a bunch of food that was on the precipice of being spoiled and we had to use it all up. This is the dinner that resulted. I forgot to take some pictures so we will have to make do.

First we had to finish up some romaine lettuce so a salad was in order. As I said before, I generally hate salads, but I do love them with my special salad dressing. It's basically a mix of this Chinese sweet chili sauce, some soy sauce, a splash of orange juice, and some green onions. It is really delicious! Ruchir isn't a fan though, so he had his own salad with ranch dressing.


I normally put some sliced almonds over the top but I was out of those one day and discovered this delicious substitute. Pecans toasted in a little bacon fat...and then the whole hot mess is dumped right on the salad. YUM and terrible for you.







Dinner itself was steak which was pan fried and sliced into strips. This steak had been sitting in the fridge for a day or two longer than it should have been so it was kind of tough and not that delicious. But Ruchir did make this delicious horseradish sauce to go with it (horseradish, yogurt on the cusp of spoilage, a little sour cream, and green onions I think). It's served with some of that left over corn "pudding" that I described earlier. The picture is bad here but it's the only one I remembered to take.








After all these almost spoiled foods, a decent simple dessert was required. I think the picture says it all! (I also had ice cream haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment